School Reopening Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions related to the reopening of The Oakridge School for the 2020-2021 school year. The safety of students and staff is the top priority of The Oakridge School. Responses to the questions are subject to change.
Questions are based on parent surveys conducted during the summer. If you have additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will there be mask-free time during the school day?
- What kind of mask/face covering can my child wear? Does it have to follow the dress code?
- Where will an individual with COVID-19 symptoms be isolated?
- What precautions will be taken for a child with risk factors and/or health issues?
- How does the school plan to communicate a positive COVID-19 case?
- Will contact tracing take place?
- Do students, faculty, and staff need to quarantine if they travel during a school break/holiday?
- Do students in grades 7-12 need a new physical examination for the 2020-2021 school year?
- How will student well-being be addressed?
- Will playground equipment be cleaned between use?
- What does classroom sanitization look like?
- How will safety and sanitization happen in the restrooms?
- Will water fountains be on?
- What instructional formats will exist this year?
- Can I make a specific pod or teacher request?
- What will happen if a student is unable to be on campus to attend class?
- Will tuition be adjusted for students who choose At-Home Learning?
- What are the on-campus school hours for the fall?
- What other non-classroom areas are available to accommodate instruction?
- Will students need additional supplies to begin the school year?
- Will students have access to the library?
- What will the grading model be for the school year?
- What will hands-on learning look like with shared materials?
- What will carpool drop off and pick up look like?
- Will there be before and after-school care?
- What faculty professional development is taking place this summer to prepare for an uncertain year?