The Oakridge School continues to take steps to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, working to support the health and well-being of our community. Campus is closed and our Distance Learning Plan is in effect until at least Thursday, April 9. Friday, April 10 is a school holiday. The earliest we would return to school would be Monday, April 13.
Please visit www.theoakridgeschool.org/coronavirus for full updates.
Overview of international student application requirements:
Although the application process does not require an on-site visit, if arranged it can help ensure the student’s success. The following items are required:
- Achievement testing ISEE (www.iseetest.org) or SSAT (www.ssat.org) : To register for visit ISEE http://erblearn.org/uploads/media_items/prometric-isee-locations-1.original.pdf or SSAT http://www.ssat.org/test/registration.
- English-proficiency test for non-native speakers: TOEFL Junior (http://www.ets.org/toefl_junior/scores_research/comprehensive/descriptions/).
- Official transcripts/grades of the previous 2 years and a current-year progress report translated in English.
- Recommendation forms: (1) principal or counselor, (2) English teacher, and the (3) math teacher.
- Passport and birth certificate
- Immunization record - translated
- Financial documentation (bank letter or financial statement) showing that the family can support the student’s cost of attendance for one year (tuition, fees, plus living costs amounting to about $30,000 USD).
- In-person or Skype interview with the student and parents (skype name: oakowls).
- Meeting with host guardian. We will need name, address, and telephone number for the student’s guardian who will be hosting the student.
- Health Insurance coverage
International students needing an I-20:
- A non-refundable annual $1,000 international student fee is required at the same time as the $750 enrollment deposit;
- International students do not qualify for financial aid.
Annie Li, a 2020 senior from China, talks about her experience as an international student.