The Oakridge School continues to take steps to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, working to support the health and well-being of our community. Campus is closed and our Distance Learning Plan is in effect until at least Thursday, April 9. Friday, April 10 is a school holiday. The earliest we would return to school would be Monday, April 13.
Please visit www.theoakridgeschool.org/coronavirus for full updates.
Senior Maddie Musser will soon be an “official” Cowgirl! Maddie recently signed with Oklahoma State University’s Cowgirl Equestrian Team, where she is slated to compete in Western events.
Family, friends, and faculty and staff wished Maddie well Tuesday, Jan. 28 during a ceremonial signing at Oakridge. In addition to her many pursuits, she was praised for her tenacity and go-getter spirit.
“I would like to say thank you to my parents because I wouldn’t be going to Oklahoma State without your support,” Maddie said. “I would also like to thank my trainers, who made me the rider that I am today.” Through tears and smiles, she also thanked her friends and Oakridge for helping her achieve her goals.
Of his 2020 signees, OSU head coach Larry Sanchez said he could not be more excited. "They have competed in and won some of the top youth events in the country and will certainly bring that talent to the collegiate arena. I am looking forward to them joining our roster next fall."
- Two Time All-American Quarter Horse Congress Champion
- Reserve All-American Quarter Congress Champion Horsemanship
- Multiple top 15's, top 10's and top 5's at the All-American Quarter Horse Congress
- All American Quarter Horse Congress High Point (13 & under)
- Novice Championships Champion Horsemanship, Hunt Seat Equitation, and Showmanship 2016
- NSBA World Show- Hunt Seat Equitation Champion (2016), Reserve Champion Hunter Under Saddle (2018)
- AQHYA World Championship Show- Multiple top 10 finishes
- Academic Honor Roll: 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- MVP Varsity Soccer Player (2018-19)
- Varsity Girls Soccer Letterman (2017-2019)
- Varsity Girls Field Hockey Letterman (2019)
- National Snaffle Bit Youth Association Board Member (2016-2017), Treasurer (2017-2018)
- Texas Quarter Horse Youth Association Board Member (2017-2019)