The Oakridge School in 2018-2019 will shift all student medical information to Magnus Health Student Medical Record (SMR). The online database includes less paperwork for parents to complete each school year and has more accurate information that is accessible to parents and the appropriate employees at our school.
Parents may visit https://secure.magnushealthportal.com/ss/474121/login to login to their Magnus Account. The username and password are the same ones used for My Backpack. Please complete the required health information within your Magnus Health SMR for each child attending The Oakridge School by Wednesday, August 22, 2018. Timely submission of health information and other forms is vital so that preparations can be made prior to the first day of school.
Maintaining the security and privacy of your child’s personal information is important to us. We limit access to personal information about your child to Oakridge faculty and staff who we believe reasonably need this information to ensure the health and well-being of your child. Magnus Health is also committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information received from all users. The SMR team adheres to HIPPA, FERPA, and PCI related standards of privacy and security.
How Does It All Work?
There are two types of requirements:
- Online Data Entry: Enter data or answer questions online
- Required Forms: Download, print, and fill out forms; get forms signed by your child’s health care provider; and upload completed forms
Instructions for completion:
- Once you click on your child’s name in Magnus you will see a list of requirements and their status
- Locate the requirement you want to complete and click the icon in the actions column for that requirement
- For the requirements that consist of downloading forms, click on the paper icon in the blank form column and then click on “Print”
- The forms will open in the window with a cover page and the form
- Print all pages, complete the forms, and get them signed by your child’s health care provider
You then have three options to submit your child’s completed forms (NOTE: DO NOT send health forms to the school):
- You can fax forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can mail forms to Magnus (All forms must include cover page)
- You can upload forms directly to Magnus by:
- Scanning or taking pictures of all the pages, excluding the cover page. (Please note that photos must be clear and focused without cutting off part of the form. Make sure the form fills the entire screen, supported file types: pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, or gif).
- To upload the file(s), click on the “Turn it in” icon for the requirement in the action column and choose the file(s) to upload.
- Once the form has been reviewed and approved by our school’s health department, the status will change to completed.
- You will receive reminder emails until each requirement in your account is complete. To see which requirements are outstanding, log in to your account and view your tracker status.
Questions or Problems?
If you are having difficulty logging into the system or have questions, please contact School Nurse Kim Campbell-Martinez at (817) 451-4994, ext. 2714 or Head Athletic Trainer Adam Campbell at ext. 2741. If you have issues navigating the Magnus system, entering data online, or downloading forms, or if you have any other questions, please contact customer support at Magnus Health SMR by phone (877-461-6831) or by email.
Also, please feel free to consult the Magnus Health Privacy and Security page at www.magnushealth.com/privacy-and-security/.