Eight Oakridge Student-Athletes Sign to Play Collegiate Sports
Posted 04/24/2018 04:59PM
A spring celebration at The Oakridge School honored eight members of the Class of 2018 for their commitment to play sports at the collegiate level. With their coaches, family members, classmates, and faculty and staff members on hand, the following students were recognized:
• Zane Ahlfinger – football – Washington University in St. Louis
• Channy Cornell – field hockey – Smith College
• Tyler Fuller – football – University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
• Trevor Hall – track – Amherst College
• Chris LaRovere – track – Claremont McKenna College
• Anush Pabley – baseball – University of Dallas
• Jimmie Sanders – basketball – Bridgewater College
• Corrina Sullivan – swim – University of Puget Sound
The celebration on April 18 marked the largest number of Oakridge seniors ever to commit to playing sports at the college level. Last semester, senior Chris Henle signed a letter of intent to play football at Baylor University.
"These young men and women exemplify what it means to be true Oakridge student-athletes," said Director of Athletics Shawn Meadows. "We tell potential students and their families to come win with us. It is more than an expression. We are dedicated to helping these young men and women be the best they can be on the playing fields, in the classrooms, and in life."