Mission & Philosophy
To inspire students to seek their full potential in academics, the arts, and athletics in a challenging and nurturing environment that cultivates social responsibility, mutual respect, and personal integrity.
- We believe the role of The Oakridge School is to provide a challenging educational program that emphasizes the total development of each child, encompassing intellectual and social skills as well as cultural, emotional, and physical development, thus preparing students for higher education and life.
- We believe an environment that employs a variety of teaching techniques and learning activities best enables each student to succeed as an individual and as a member of a group.
- We believe an orderly environment, stressing personal and academic self-discipline, provides an atmosphere most conducive to success.
- We believe in academic excellence and in the pursuit of knowledge as a lifelong experience.
- We believe in high moral and ethical standards, honor, and mutual respect.
- We believe The Oakridge School functions most effectively with the involvement of students, parents, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
- We believe the graduates of The Oakridge School should be men and women of good character who have developed a healthy respect for self, an awareness of the privileges and obligations of citizenship, and a keen sense of empathy for and responsibility to fellow human beings.