COVID-19: OAKRIDGE RESPONDS
The Oakridge School is diligently monitoring the status of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Oakridge has taken proactive steps to minimize health and safety risks to our students, faculty, and staff. On this page, you'll find resources and communications shared with our community. Visit our dashboard for current case data .
Family physician, Dr. Kim Eden, M.D., discusses COVID-19 with faculty and staff. Learn about the information an individual should consider when deciding on whether to be tested for the disease. (8/18/20)
Oakridge releases its reopening plan for the 2020-2021 school year. Read more here.
FAQ (located on this hub) updated. (7/11/2020)
Link to Head of School Jon Kellam's webpage, which includes "First and Fifteen" videos detailing summer developments. (7/1/2020)
Graduation celebration for the Class of 2020 will be held July 25 and available for viewing via live stream. More details to come.
Campus Operations & Events
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Oakridge school leaders initially extended the 2020 Spring Break through March 20. Other steps included:
- Our Distance Learning Plan went into effect Monday, March 23 and lasted through the end of May.
- Campus is closed to admission tours. Zoom meetings and virtual tours are available to all prospective families. Contact Mrs. Amy Wilson, Director of Admissions, with any immediate questions or to schedule an online meeting.
- Community events, extended day/enrichment activities, fine arts performances, and athletic competitions are cancelled until further notice.
Oakridge Leadership Communication
Here are some of the messages that have been sent from Head of School Jon Kellam to parents, guardians, faculty, and staff:
- April 10 COVID-19 Update: Oakridge Cares
- April 1 COVID-19 Update: Distance Learning Extended
- March 27 COVID-19 Update: Distance Learning, Community, and Resiliency
This is an unprecedented moment for Oakridge, our region, and the world. We are grateful for your cooperation and support as we navigate this critical situation, and take steps together, to ensure the education of our children and safety of our entire Oakridge Owl community.
Learn the latest information at www.theoakridgeschool.org/coronavirus.
If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a COVID-19 patient, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Tarrant County Public Health officials have advised that you call your health care provider to discuss symptoms or contact history.
Do not go to a clinic if experiencing symptoms without first calling. As new information emerges, we will continue to update you.
- When will campus re-open?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question about Distance Learning?
- What is the status of Oakridge events and field trips?
- What about the status of SPC play and the spring sports season?
- What is the type and frequency of communication that I can expect to receive from Oakridge?
- What do we do if we are having trouble connecting?
- What is the plan for standardized testing such as the AP?
- How can I encourage student activity and monitor student stress?
- Will the nurse be available to help families during Distance Learning?
- Will Food 4 Life be available to families during Distance Learning?
- What can my family or Oakridge community members do to help those in need?
- What about tuition?
- How can I support my children during the Distance Learning Plan?