International student, Annie Li, talks about her experience as a student from China at Oakridge.
Overview of international students' application requirements:
Although the application process does not require an on-site visit, if arranged it can help ensure the student’s success.
The following items are required:
- Official transcripts/grades of the previous 2 years and a current-year progress report translated in English.
- Recommendation forms: (1) principal or counselor, (2) English teacher, and the (3) math teacher.
- Passport and birth certificate
- Immunization record - translated
- Financial documentation (bank letter or financial statement) showing that the family can support the student’s cost of attendance for one year (tuition, fees, plus living costs amounting to about $30,000 USD).
- In-person or Skype interview with the student and parents (Skype name: oakowls).
- Meeting with host guardian. We will need name, address, and telephone number for the student’s guardian who will be hosting the student.
- Health Insurance coverage
International students needing an I-20:
- A non-refundable annual $1,000 international student fee is required at the same time as the $750 enrollment deposit;
- International students do not qualify for financial aid.
Oakridge's diverse community includes many international students. College Advising Coordinator, Parent, and Alumnus Paulo da Silva, talked about his journey to Oakridge during the school's 40th anniversary.