Head of School Search
October 5, 2021
Board of Regents announce Matthew R. Burgy as Head of School-elect. Read the letter to the community here, along with Mr. Burgy's response.
April 29, 2021
We have launched the search for the next Head of The Oakridge School, a leader who will begin July 1, 2022. A search committee, with significant commitment to the community and Oakridge (see below), has begun its work under the leadership of Charles Pierson and Jim Haddock. Carney, Sandoe & Associates, a well-recognized consulting firm and one of the largest firms that focus exclusively on the educational sector, was selected to aid us in this process. Senior Consultants Bob Windham and Rhonda Durham are actively engaged in assisting the search committee with its work.
The recruitment of candidates, both nationally and internationally, has commenced. Finalists will visit and meet members of the school community. Our goal is to have a selection and an appointment before the end of 2021.
Please do not contact The Oakridge School directly about this appointment. Instead, kindly reach out directly via email to Bob Windham.
We are pleased to share with you the members of the Search Committee, who represent alumni, parents, and active leaders in the North Texas community. Together, we will work diligently to conduct a thorough process according to the National Association of Independent Schools' principles of good practice to identify the best candidate to lead The Oakridge School.
The Committee is deeply grateful for your participation in this process, and we expect to keep you apprised through announcements and posts to our website of the important milestones in the search process.
- Kelly Broadus, Alpha State Texas Educational Foundation (Caroline '17, Quinn '22)
- Don Duke, Vice President of Coble Cravens (Olivia '16)
- Jim Haddock, Chairman of the Board of Regents, President of Haddock Interests (Jack '22, Kate '25)
- Michael Heiskell, Senior Attorney at Johnson Vaughn & Heiskell (Marin '96, James '01, Michael '18, Mason '20)
- Larraine LaRovere, CEO at Laraniche LLC (Christopher '18, Niccolo '18, Marco '24)
- Charles Pierson, Executive Director at The Sumners Foundation (Janae '19, Carl '22)
- Dana Queenan, Chief Financial Officer at Queenan Law (Kevin '04, Corinne '10)
- Ron Widup, Senior Advisor at Shermco Industries (Dylan '19, Cody '25)
- Matt Worthington ’98, Owner at Worthington Monuments (Reese '24, Cole '26, Price '30)