Join Us In Planning For The Future…
"Judy and I didn’t get into planned giving the normal way. Our oldest
son Craig was killed in an accident just before Christmas during
his senior year at Oakridge. At that time we set up a Memorial
Scholarship and to date we have made awards to 21 Oakridge students.
In a financial review several years ago, our advisor, Gil, realized how much we cared for Oakridge and presented us with a plan that would fulfill two important goals for us, realize a tax advantage but more importantly, provide substantial financial support to Oakridge.
I have participated in Oakridge and college fundraisers and know that tuition does not provide the funds necessary for any school to operate and Oakridge is no different. Judy and I invite you to join us in providing the financial support that will carry The Oakridge School into its future. We all owe what we receive during our time at Oakridge to someone else’s caring support and there have been many who gave a lot to get us where we are today.
Your support will make The Oakridge School what it will be tomorrow. What we did yesterday is past; our future is ahead of us."
Dick & Judy Voss
Alumni Parents of Oakridge classes of '90 and '92
Your Financial Goals
While it is possible to reach many of your financial goals without making a gift to The Oakridge School, we believe you might prefer to do both if you know how easy it is! Here are some ways that giving to The Oakridge School can help you and others…
- Plan a gift to The Oakridge School but retain access to all of your assets during your lifetime and the ability to change your plans if you need to.
- Avoid capital gains tax on highly appreciated assets.
- Make a large charitable gift without reducing your current income.
- Get a current income tax charitable deduction for your personal residence.
- Make a significant gift to charity without reducing the inheritance for your children.
- Avoid or diminish the double taxation on qualified retirement plans.
Talk with your financial advisor about which of these financial goals and charitable options might work for you and your family. Let us work with you to develop a legacy that supports your financial goals and creates a gift that your family will remember and wish to emulate.