After February 1st: Rolling admissions based on space availability
Step 1: Tour Campus: Attend an admission program or set up an individualized tour.
Step 2: Apply: You may save your progress and login to the online portal as often as necessary. When clicking "submit," the $75 application fee is payable by credit card.
Step 3: Admissions testing costs $100
and can occur as follows:
- Early Childhood (Preschool, Prekindergarten, and Kindergarten): testing occurs on the same day as the student's classroom visit;
- Grades 1-11: testing can occur on a designated Saturday test date or on a weekday morning;
- Saturday Test Dates:
- November 16, 2013, 8:30 AM to noon
- January 11, 2014, 8:30 AM to noon
- February 8, 2014, 8:30 AM to noon
- March 22, 2014, 8:30 AM to noon
- April 26, 2014, 8:30 AM to noon
Step 4: Day visit: Contact the Admissions Office to arrange this date.
Step 5: Recommendation Forms and complete school records are required.
Birth certificates, immunization records, and health forms
Applicants for Preschool, Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten, and first grade must submit a copy of their birth certificate. All students are required to submit health forms annually no later than August 1 of each school term.
Step 6: Interview
Once the student's application file is complete, the parent/guardian meets with the division head for the Early Childhood Center (PS-K) or Lower School (grades 1-4); the parent/guardian and student meet with the division head for Middle (5-8), or Upper School (9-12). The Admissions Office arranges these meetings.
Selection of student
The Oakridge School selectively admits college-bound students. The final decision on admission to The Oakridge School is determined by the Admissions Committee's evaluation of the application form, previous school transcript(s), completed recommendation form(s), the entrance examination, the school visit, and the interview. The committee's decision is final.
Final Step: Enrollment
- If your child is accepted and offered enrollment for the upcoming school year, a deposit of $500 is required along with the enrollment contract;
- International students needing an i-20:
- An annual $1,000 international student fee is required at the same time as the $500 enrollment deposit;
- International students generally do not qualify for financial aid.
Tuition: The Board of Regents establishes tuition policies and fees annually.
Financial Aid is available to students in grades 1-12. Parents who are returning or who are new to Oakidge must submit copies of their full tax return, any accompanying W2's or 1099's, and submit the School and Student Service (SSS) form. This is an annual process for all families seeking financial aid for their student(s). Deadline: March 1st.