The Oakridge School will provide the tools for an innovative classroom environment in which students connect, communicate, collaborate and create.
Every 4th-12th grade student will receive a device to use as a learning tool throughout their school year.
4th Grade - iPad mini
The New Classroom Environment
5th - 6th Grade - iPad with Retina Display
7th - 8th Grade - Lenovo Tablet/Laptop
9th - 12th Grade - Lenovo Tablet/Laptop (beginning 2014-2015 school year)
- Students and teachers view technology as an invisible tool in their everyday learning as opposed to an activity that is confined to a computer lab or specific subject.
- Appropriate technology is placed in the hands of every student to enable ubiquitous access to information and maximize hands-on learning.
- A teacher's resources are available in a digital format that is more easily accessible outside of the walls of the traditional classroom.
- Encouraging and facilitating digital organization skills.
- Students and teachers create a more immediate feedback loop of formative assessment.
- Students connect and collaborate not only with their peers, but also with experts all over the world.
- Digital tools are used to inspire creativity and facilitate personal expression.
- Students are highly engaged in relevant tasks which enhance their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students can pursue their passions, find their voice, and unleash their potential.